With the risks of taking prescription drugs, many consumers are looking into alternative and healthy herbs that can help in weight management. There are a lot of herbs that can be used to lose weight safely. What then are the best herbs to use for herbal weight loss tea?
Some herbs can be used to make teas that would be effective in weight while others can be used in combination with other herbs to create mixtures or diet pills.
1. Green tea. Known as the best and most effective weight loss remedy, green tea's beneficial properties include stimulate thermogenesis, increase metabolism, fat blocking and burning, lowering of bad cholesterol and curbing appetite among others. It is also one of the safest herbal weight loss tea and is best taken in liquid form
2. Peppermint. As an anti-inflammatory, peppermint helps in weight management by reducing water retention in the body and by cleansing the stomach. It can also calm the intestines and control the appetite.
3. St. John's Wort. Commonly used to calm the nervous system, St. John's Wort also has diuretic and tonic properties which can help control obesity. However, this herb should be taken under the guidance of a herbalist because of possible side effects.
4. Senna. Because of its laxative properties which are helpful in removing toxins from the body, senna can be a good herbal remedy for losing weight. It is also one herbal remedy that should be used only upon the recommendation of a physician due to possible side effects such as dehydration and constipation.
5. Stevia Leaf. A natural sweetener, found in the rain forests of South America, stevia leaf can be used as a juice sweetener. Juice sweetened with stevia leaf should be taken an hour before meals to reduce hunger and curb the appetite and consequently lessen your calorie intake.
6. Dandelion. A natural diuretic that can help dispose of water retained in the body and promote weight management.
7. Guggul. A very effective herb for losing weight, guggul helps in balancing cholesterol levels, burning fats and regulating blood lipids. Again precaution should be taken against probable side effects.
8. Oat straw. A plant well known to generally improve health and decrease body fat, regular consumption of oat straw also lowers the level of bad cholesterol.
9. Guarana. A popular stimulant, guarana is a good weight loss herb because it can suppress appetite and increase the burning of fats.
The use of herbs in weight loss offer a vast choices of solutions for weight management and they can be used to create mixtures, preparations and herbal teas that will help you fight weight problems. However, herbal solutions can only bring positive results when it is combined with other weight loss methods such as exercise and a healthy diet.